The Weely is the perfect chair that combines support, positioning, comfort, and stability.
These key features, along with its unique mid-wheel design and small turning circle, make the Weely a truly remarkable wheelchair.
The Weely also benefits carers with its innovative kerb assistance feature, helping to reduce the risk of injuries caused by manual handling.
If you are looking for a cost-effective wheelchair that offers postural support and unsurpassed stability, the Weely Essential is the option for you.
The Weely Classic is a customisable model that can be modified to assist users, including those with more complex needs, while the Weely Foot Propulsion (FP) has been designed for those who prefer to propel themselves by foot.
Innovative Mid-wheel Design
• The only manual wheelchair on the market that possesses a mid-wheel design
• Smallest turning circle ever—a fraction of that possible with conventional manual wheelchairs
• Easy access to the wheel rims provides effortless motion, and most efficient self-propulsion position
• The ergonomic positioning promotes natural movement with the head and trunk at the centre of rotation
• Ideal for small spaces or busy environments
Balance and Comfort
• The hydraulic setup makes balanced tilt and recline adjustments easy for carers
• Built-in suspension on each castor allows for comfortable manoeuvring, absorbing shocks that could trigger spasms
• The six-wheel formation provides improved stability for a more comfortable ride, allowing trouble-free movement even on carpets and rough surface
• The chair maintains its centre of gravity and point of balance even when tilted
• Allowance for adjustability of seat width/depth, leg length/depth, back length, arm support height, and angle of foot supports
• Easily integrated with the Varilite® range of back supports and Bodypoint® range of belts/ harnesses (to find out more about our Varilite® and Bodypoint® products please visit www.besrehab.net)
• Comes in three different sizes with a choice of wheel diameters (51cm, 56cm, 60cm) Manual Handling
• A hand-operated lever lifts the front castors, allowing carers to easily manoeuvre over kerbs in a forward direction—this allows for stable, more dignified mobility for the occupant
• The kerb climbing assistance offers a safe, practical way to pass over kerbs or low edges of up to 13cm high, helping to reduce manual handling injuries among carers
The Weely Essential has a steel frame and comes in a competitively priced package for everyday mobility.
|Width adjustment||Seat width 5cm|
|Overall width||Seat width 18cm|
|Seat depth||39cm to 51cm|
|Central wheel diameter||51cm/56cm/60cm|
|Seat to floor height||42cm/45cm/48cm|
|Back support length||54cm – 68cm|
|Seat tilt (°)||from 0° to 20°|
|Back support recline (°)||from 85° to 120°|
|Overall length at 0° tilt||95cm|
|Leg length adjustability||26cm – 40cm|
|Wheelchair weight with accessories||*33kg|
|(*includes frame, wheels, foot and arm supports, tension adjustable back, and headrest)|
|Folded dimensions||95cm x 61cm x 101cm|
|Maximum user weight||140 kg|